January 2017-CurrentWIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor | Goodwin Community Health | Somersworth, NH
August 2010-CurrentSeasonal Sales Associate and Greeter*Kittery Trading Post | Kittery ME
- Asked open-ended questions to assess customer needs and guided them to particular store areas
- Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise
August 2013-CurrentGrandmother*Kyle and Lora Lewis | Dover NH
- Cared for grandchildren in their physical and emotional needs
- Encouraged good behaviors using positive reinforcement
- Organized and engaged in creative play with them
May 1995-March 2010Breastfeeding Peer Counselor/Certified Lactation Counselor*Goodwin Community Health Center | Somersworth NH
- Engaged WIC clients and their families at their regular appointments
- Counseled pregnant and nursing mothers with support and lactation and nutrition education
- Cross-trained in WIC voucher issuance
- Developed Prenatal and Primary Care breastfeeding program
WIC BREASTFEEDING PEER COUNSELOR
- Highly skilled and empathetic Certified Lactation Counselor with 15 years experience promoting, educating and supporting pregnant and nursing mothers to reach their breastfeeding goals
- Committed to breastfeeding initiation and duration in at risk populations
- Attentive and effective communicator in varied public, private and cross-cultural settings
1978Bachelor of Science: ForestryUniversity of Maine at Orono, Orono, ME
3039 Comfort Court
Madison, WI 53703
Job Objective : Obtain a position as WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor where I can make a positive contribution.
Wide experience in providing information to pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
Exceptional knowledge of promotional strategies for proper breastfeeding
Solid understanding of instructional care for breastfeeding mothers
Proficient in MS-Office application such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Familiarity with necessary environmental and hygienic conditions
Immense ability to maintain cordial relations with families
Uncommon ability to preserve integrity and confidentiality of mothers
Amazing ability to educate mothers about breastfeeding and human lactation
WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, 2009 - Present
Neponset Health Center - Dorchester, MA
Provided counseling sessions regarding breastfeeding and support services.
Responded to inquiries and incoming telephone calls of clients.
Contacted with clients on regular basis for follow-up.
Maintained accurate records of correspondence with WIC clients.
Performed safety measures of workers, customers and prospective clients.
Organized WIC meetings and training sessions for new staff.
Represented organization during home visits and personal appointments.
Assisted mothers in imparting breastfeeding methods and baby growth.
Bachelor's Degree in Nutritional Sciences, 2009
Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN
GPA 3.70 (on scale of 4.0)