APA Paper Formatting & Style Guidelines
Your teacher may want you to format your paper using APA guidelines. If you were told to create your citations in APA format, your paper should be formatted using the APA guidelines as well.
- Use white 8 ½ x 11” paper.
- Make 1 inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides
- The first word in every paragraph should be indented one half inch.
- APA recommends using Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Double space the entire research paper
- Include a page header known as the “running head” at the top of every page. (To make this process easier, set your word processor to automatically add these components onto each page)
- To create the running head/page header, insert page numbers justified to the right-hand side of the paper (do not put p. or pg. in front of page numbers)
- Then type “TITLE OF YOUR PAPER” justified to the left using all capital letters
- If your title is long, this running head title should be a shortened version of the title of your entire paper
Sample running head/page header
APA Paper Components
Your essay should include these four major sections:
- Title Page
- Main Body
This page should contain four pieces: the title of the paper, running head, the author’s name, institutional affiliation, and an author’s note. Create the page header/running head as described above.
*Please note that only on the title page, your page header/running head should include the words “Running Head” before your title in all capitals. The rest of the pages should not include this in the page header. It should look like this on the title page:
- The title of the paper should capture the main idea of the essay but should not contain abbreviations or words that serve no purpose
- It should be centered on the page and typed in 12-point Times New Roman font. Do not underline, bold, or italicize the title.
- Your title may take up one or two lines, but should not be more than 12 words in length.
- All text on the title page should be double-spaced in the same way as the rest of your essay
- Do not include any titles on the author’s name such as Dr. or Ms.
- The institutional affiliation is the location where the author conducted the research
Sample Title page:
On the following page, begin with the Running title.
- On the first line of the page, center the word “Abstract” (but do not include quotation marks).
- On the following line, write a summary of the key points of your research. Your abstract summary is a way to introduce readers to your research topic, the questions that will be answered, the process you took, and any findings or conclusions you drew.
- This summary should not be indented, but should be double-spaced and less than 250 words.
- If applicable, help researchers find your work in databases by listing keywords from your paper after your summary. To do this, indent and type Keywords: in italics. Then list your keywords that stand out in your research.
Sample Abstract page:
On the following page, begin with the Body of the paper.
- Start with the Running title
- On the next line write the title (do not bold, underline, or italicize the title)
- Begin with the introduction. Indent.
- The introduction presents the problem and premise upon which the research was based. It goes into more detail about this problem than the abstract.
- Begin a new section with the Method. Bold and center this subtitle The Method section shows how the study was run and conducted. Be sure to describe the methods through which data was collected.
- Begin a new section with the Results. Bold and center this subtitle. The Results section summarizes the data. Use graphs and graphs to display this data.
- Begin a new section with the Discussion. Bold and center this subtitle. This Discussion section is a chance to analyze and interpret your results.
- Draw conclusions and support how your data led to these conclusions.
- Discuss whether or not your hypothesis was confirmed or not supported by your results.
- Determine the limitations of the study and next steps to improve research for future studies.
** Throughout the body, in-text citations are used and include the author’s/authors’ name(s) and the publication year. In APA format page numbers are not used in in-text citations.
Ex: (Wilkonson, 2009).
For more information about how to cite properly please see EasyBib’s guides for APA citations based on the sources you are using.
Sample Body page:
On a new page, write your references.
- Begin with a running title
- Center and bold the title “References” (do not include quotation marks, underline, or italicize this title)
- Alphabetize and Double-space all entries
- Every article/source mentioned in the paper and used in your study should be referenced and have an entry.
Sample Reference Page:
Do you want to pay someone to write your research paper or pay to write essay? PapersOwl understands that life in the college can be complicated and you have a lot to do. That's why we want to help you get a better balance in school and life.
Our custom research paper writing service PapersOwl will assure you that we are very serious about time limits, which is one of the most crucial factors in writing a college paper. You can expect us to meet all the required deadlines. Our time limits starts at 3 hours for any kind of research paper or essay, and we have a proven, 100% On-Time Delivery track record.
If you are curious about what formats and styles our qualified writers use – know that they always follow the latest format guidelines. Any referencing style you need, including APA, MLA, Harvard, etc. is available for your choosing.
You can be certain that you will get a professional writer who specializes in your topic, such as English, Business, Nursing, History, Psychology, Management, Sociology, Law, Finance, Literature, Philosophy, etc.or any other topic.
Our research paper free features:
- a title page
- a reference page
- in-text citations
- a running head
- page numbers
- an abstract
Do you have particular questions or concerns? Our customer support representatives are here to answer all of your research paper writing questions 24/7.
With so many different kinds of essays it is difficult to understand them all. Whatever kind of college essay you need or kind of request you have, for example like “pay to write college essay”, with our writing service you will find it. When you place an order, just specify the type of essay and our professional writers will write it for you. Here are most popular types of essay our customers order:
- Standard Essays
- Creative Essays
- Argumentative Essays
- Persuasive Essays
College paper writing help is a service that can help you to receive original work that follows your (or your school's/professor's) instructions and requirements. This service can ease your studies and boost your grades.
The received academic paper is a result of independent research conducted by our writer, who meet of all our standards, and will include all necessary sections like a thesis, introduction, conclusion, etc. A paper, for example, college essay written at your request from our site gives you the option to receive all of the information and research results, so you won’t have to spend time investigating it yourself.
Who can use research paper services?
- Students from different educational institutions, including schools, colleges, and universities who are unable to write a given assignment without assistance or have the time to conduct their own research. It’s also worth noting that spending hours in a library doesn’t always provide a lot of useful information. Our writers have access to the latest, most relevant and accurate information from trusted and rare sources.
- Students who study remotely and combine studies with full-time job positions.
- People who are involved and take an active part in social activities or have a hobby. Either of these options are time-consuming, and ordering an academic paper is the only way to keep their grades on a high level and avoid expulsion.
- Those who lack skills, knowledge or are unable to perform the work for any reason.
Pay for a custom research paper for the benefit!
One benefit of having experts «write my research paper for me» or «pay someone to write my essay» is a simple application process available on this site, which means that you don’t even have to leave home. Our company offers a broad range of writing services, including college essay, dissertation, problem-solving, and coursework, that are written by professional, native English speakers. We will take into account all your needs. Just give us he hint “please, do my paper” and we will get started.
On this stage of order processing, you can provide us with all of the important details of the assignment and you can be confident that our specialists will follow them accurately. Placing an order request at our site is simple and fast, and if you face any issues or have certain questions, our 24/7 support service representatives are here to help you.
In addition, each paper must pass a thorough check for plagiarism. We are aware of how badly this nuance can impact your grade; that’s why we make all necessary steps to craft outstanding academic work without with unique content only.
At our service, you will not find any extra fees. We don’t believe in students paying enormous sums for a simple college essay, and we do everything possible to make our services affordable and cheap for all.