January 16, 2018
National winners of Tata Building India School Essay Competition 2015-16 felicitated in New Delhi
- Tata Building India is country’s largest national school essay competition
- The 10th edition attracted 3.3 million students from 230 cities and 7800 schools in India
Mumbai: The Tata group today felicitated the 73 national winners of the 10th edition of Tata Building India School Essay Competition 2015-16 at a ceremony held in New Delhi. This edition of the competition encouraged young minds to express their thoughts on ‘Digital Technology for a Better India’.
|The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, N Chandrasekaran, Chairman, Tata Sons, and senior leaders from the Tata group, with the national winners of the 2015-16 edition of 'Tata Building India School Essay Competition' at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on January 12, 2018|
The 2015-16 edition of the competition was held in 12 languages across 230 cities with participation from nearly 3.3 Million students from 7,800 schools.
The winning essays reflected impactful, profound thoughts which showcased the vision of Young India. Some of the noteworthy thoughts expressed in the winning essays were:
- ‘Technology connects us, technology unites us and technology amplifies our future’
- A quote by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi stating – ‘I dream of a digital India where access to information knows no barrier’
Harish Bhat, brand custodian, Tata Sons, was the chief guest at the event.
Speaking at the occasion, Mr Bhat said, “To all the students who have gathered today, the only message that I would like to give you is as you move forward in life, remember you should pursue excellence and not be satisfied with second best in what-ever you do. God has given us so many capabilities, it is our duty to develop these capabilities to the level of excellence we can achieve and finally use this excellence for the benefit of our community and nation as there is nothing greater than achieving that in one’s life”.
Tata Building India School Essay Competition is India’s largest national school essay competition that has provided a platform for students from classes 6 to12 to express their views and ideas on nation building and pertinent issues. With each passing year, Tata Building India School Essay Competition identifies an inspiring and challenging theme for the competition on topics of national relevance.
|Harish Bhat, brand custodian, Tata Sons, with the national winners of the 2015-16 edition of Tata Building India School Essay Competition|
About Tata Building India Essay Competition
Tata Building India School Essay Competition is a two-phase activity in participating schools. In the second phase, the topic of the essay is shared with the students, on which they are required to pen an essay, based on the year’s theme, announced earlier.
The essay is written by the students only once and the same is evaluated at three levels:
- School level: Essays at the school level are evaluated by judges within each school. Winning entries from each school qualify for city level evaluation.
- City level: The essays of school level winners in each city are evaluated by a panel of judges from the field of academics and journalism, among others. The best essays win city-level recognition.
- National level: The best essays from each city are finally judged by an elite panel comprising of eminent people to choose the national winners in each language (regional level winners in case of regional languages).
For more information, please log on to www.tatabuildingindia.com. One can participate in exciting online contests on https://www.facebook.com/TataBuildingIndia.
Tata Building India School Essay Competition
|Tweet Pin It Share|
Areas of Study :
Topic on Nation Building
Scholarship Funded by :
Tata group of companies
Provided to :
Indian Students of classes 6-12
Tata Building India School Essay Competition is India's largest school essay writing competition organised by Tata group of companies to motivate and nurture young minds across India. The essay competition provides a unique platform to encourage young leaders of tomorrow to showcase their expressions in writing, on a host of subjects related to nation building. Started in 2006, this national level contest is conducted annually in different languages across the cities of India. The idea of the competition has been very well received by both the students and the teaching fraternity reflected by the overwhelming response from participating schools and students. The competition would be conducted across 180 cities, 7000+ schools and will cover approximately 3.5 million students.
Structure of Essay Competition
The essay competition is a two-phase activity across all the participating schools in the country for students of classes 6-12. The first phase consists of exposing these young minds to inspirational Tata-linked films which stimulate them to think about the nation. Following this, students are asked few questions based on the films shown.
To ensure a level playing field, the students are divided into 2 participating categories across all languages.
- Junior level for classes 6-8 and
- Senior level for classes 9-12
Each year a different topic on the theme of nation-building is selected and participants are required to submit an essay between 500-600 words. The underlying theme of the topic is always nation building. The topics are carefully chosen for students to be creative, insightful and genuine.
Rewards and Recognition
The winners are rewarded at each level, the school level winners are amplified at school and special functions are held to felicitate city level winners at regional level. The national level winners are felicitated in Delhi.
Prizes at the school level include certificates, medals and special Tata Building India merchandise. The city winners and the runners-up receive gifts like Digicam / Handycam / MP3 player, Certificates and trophies. The national level winners receive laptops as the grand prize.
How to Participate in Tata Building India School Essay Competition
- Tata Building India School Essay Competition is open to all schools in a particular city where this competition is being conducted.
To check the cities coverage log on to www.tatabuildingindia.com
- Students cannot participate on their own in this competition. Only schools can participate. Request for participation can be made at the official website.
- The English/ Hindi/ regional language version competition will be only conducted in schools where the medium of instruction is necessarily English/ Hindi/ regional language respectively
- There is no entry fee
- A student can participate only once from his own school. Valid Identification & contact details has to be produced in case of a request from the organizers
- The Competition (film screening & essay writing) has to be conducted only in the school during the schedule timings. Entries can be disqualified for not following the given procedure
- The essay topics are different for each year. Entry will be considered valid only if the essay is written on the given topic
- The organizers retain the right to make any changes to the event, its format, date, rules and in any matter related to this event without any prior notice
- Entry to the competition for schools is by invitation only and organizers reserve the right to accept or reject any application to registration and / or entry to the proceedings
- By entering the competition, the participants & attendees permit themselves to be photographed/ recorded by electronic, online and print media for telecast, publications & contacted by their given email ids and other display usage of the organizers
- All national/state level winners will be provided stay and return travel for the national award ceremony only from the city of victory i.e. their city of participation
- Organizers will arrange for the prize distribution for winners & runners up through their event management agency. Any loss of prizes during transit or due to any other reason would not be organizer's responsibility & hence wouldn't be liable for replacement
- Once you participate in the competition you indicate your acceptance for the format, prizes & decisions including judging of essays on school, city & national level which will final and binding
- All decision taken by the organizers will be final & binding on all issues related to Tata Building India School Essay Competition
The essays of the students are screened at 3 levels: School level, City level and National level. The essays are judged on the parameters of relevance to the topic, structure, creativity and communication of the idea.
Further, one-time, need-based special Tata Building India Scholarships will be awarded to a few students from each city based on defined criteria and other terms and conditions.
- School Level
Essays at the school level are short listed by the identified judges within the school, the school level winners are identified in both categories
- City Level
The essays of the school level winners across the schools from each city are collected and evaluated by a panel of 3 judges from the academic and the journalism fields, two winners in each category are short listed for city level recognition as winners from the respective cities.
- National Level
The city level winner's essays in both categories from each city are finally judged by an elite panel comprising of eminent people to choose the national winners. It would be of interest to note that the essay is written by the child only once and is evaluated at three levels.
Phone : 022-66657891, 66657564
Email: Contact I