Bullying is a major problem in many schools across the world. The media has reported many cases where students injure or even kill other students due to the bullying acts. Not only that, but some victims of bullying have committed to suicide. Bullying is never acceptable. For that reason, all stakeholders in the education sector must work together to find ways of dealing with the problem in an effort to guarantee the safety of all students. One way of helping students to become aware of the issue is to educate students about why bullying is to be discouraged and what to do if someone tries to bully them. One strategy in helping students to understand the issue is to have them write a persuasive essay on why bullying is wrong. Writing a good persuasive essay involves several guidelines.
Guidelines for Writing a Good Persuasive Essay on Bullying:
- First, plan out the main points to be discussed in each body paragraph. Ideas should be well-organized and easily followed by the reader. Language must be clear and precise. Word choice can also have some emotional impact while at the same time completely appropriate for school use. Details to support main ideas may include facts, statistics, examples, and anecdotes.
- Secondly, the essay should stimulate the students’ desire to end bullying or to intercede on the behalf of someone being bullied, such as a classmate in a school setting. The writer might share an experience with bullying or something heard in the news. The writer could also discuss common types of bullying to help the reader understand what constitutes bullying. The idea is to help the reader develop empathy and understanding for those who have been bullied or tend to be victimized by others.
- The tone of the persuasive essay is also important. The writer wants to come across as understanding the issue and caring about the victims and potential victims of bullying, especially in school and among student social circles. The tone also needs to be persuasive in nature. It helps to give the reader a reason for caring. Has the reader ever been bullied? Did he participate in bullying, and if so, why? How can preventing or stopping others from being bullied help the reader? How would he feel if his brother or sister or friend was bullied?
- Finally, the essay should include suggestions on how to recognize incidents or potential incidents of bullying and what to do to stop it. In addition, it could provide some resources for those who are or have been bullied as well as for those who tend to bully others. Resources might include teachers, parents, and organizations. The idea is to prevent or stop bullying.
If you need a quality custom persuasive essay – don’t hesitate to contact our academic paper writing service now.
4.00 avg. rating (80% score) - 2 votes
Tags: bullying essays, persuasive essays
Essay on bullying in school
Article writing is part of academic requirements whereby students are assigned topics to discuss and present their views in a structured approach. Essays describe, analyze and clarify specific issue. However, writing a persuasive essay requires writers to take a position by either supporting the issue or refuting the claim. Writers need to convince its target audience using logic reasoning and credible evidence. Writing a good persuasive essay is different from other writing styles, developing an essay require good analytical skills to make a good argument to prove a point.
When writing an essay, the structure and organization are two essential components, despite having good points, a good essay needs to follow specific structure starting with an introduction, well-organized body paragraphs, and a persuasive conclusion.
Writing a persuasive essay on bullying in schools should focus more on the current trends, the discussion should present what bullying entails, and some of the impact of raging among children. Writing persuasive essays on themes like bullying requires logical explanation to justify why the topic is significant. The author should discuss his position and justify why bullying is a problem that needs to be addressed.
How to write introduction for bullying in school essay
The introduction of an essay should be well constructed to capture the audience interest. A good introduction presents a brief background of the topic and summary of the ideas to be discussed in the following paragraphs. The introduction should include any relevant information about the topic. The introductory paragraph presents a clear statement of what the paper is all about using a thesis statement. A thesis statement describes a brief overview of the author’s thoughts about the topic. The thesis statement guides the writer on the relevant discussion he needs to focus when writing.
For example, an introduction sentence can be as follows:
Bullying is a social problem that happens within the social networks, bullying in school affects students as it causes long-term problems among children. Menacing is a common occurrence among teenagers. Many parents feel that not much is being done to end this vice.
How to write a body paragraph for an essay on effects of bullying in school
The body provides evidence to show the intensity of the problem. It is divided into three sections. The body contains facts, statistics, and research study findings on the topic.
According to the National Institute of Child Health And Human Development study, 50 percent of student interviewed stated that they were either victims or perpetrators. Over 3.2 million students are bullied each year. As a result, approximately 300,000 teenagers are likely to avoid coming school at some point to avoid being bullied. Some of the negative consequences of bullying include long-term psychological effects like depressions. Suicide is a common problem among bullied students. There are many effects of bullying that negatively impact on students, that’s why we need to find ways to stop this vice.
How to make conclusion paragraph for a school bullying essay
Concluding a persuasive essay, the author restates the thesis statement and presents his proposed solution to end school pressuring. A good conclusion should make the audience see the need to take action. The author‘s language should present a lasting impression on his audience.
Both parents and school administration need to work together to end this problem. Students need to be encouraged step forward and report cases of bullying. Every parent needs to take action to end bullying in schools. Students need a conducive learning environment.
Tips on final revision
After completing the first part, writers need to take some time to edit their work. The writer should go through the finished document to make corrections. The essay needs to be well structured with logical explanations. The essay should contain evidence and facts to support the topic. Editing requires the author to ensure that the language used will be appropriate for his audience.
The author should check if the sentences are well arranged and portray what he intends to inform his audience. During editing, the author is permitted to make adjustments by adding any relevant information or removing unnecessary words. Before submitting the final document, the author should proofread the document to correct any spelling errors. Grammar errors are common mistakes that should be rectified to make the paper look professional. The author should correct any running sentences, incomplete sentences or unnecessary wordings.
- Paragraph one: overview of the topic
- Thesis Statement
- The claim: Bullying in school should be addressed to avoid long-term effect on students
- What bullying entails
- Effects of bullying in school
- Who is likely to be bullied?
- Why bullying occur
- Facts and statistics about bullying in schools
- Proposed solutions about bullying in schools
- Who should be involved?
- Restating the thesis statement
- Calling for action to end bullying in schools.